ELECTRICAL DESIGNER II - FIRMWARE (HYBRID)
Reporting to the Firmware Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for designing specific modules, components and products. The applicant will also be responsible for complex phases of an engineering project requiring the application of engineering principles and techniques.
- Translating technical specifications received from manager into usable engineering data applicable to the particular assignment. Requires a good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines.
- Working closely within a mixed-discipline team to achieve the time, budget and technical objectives and has a basic understanding of other related disciplines.
- Documenting all work in relevant technical environment, including advanced algorithms and design calculations, plans & estimates as well as the design performance characteristics and a summarized project cost breakdown.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance on designs.
- Testing, evaluating, modifying/enhancing and re-testing modules/components and products.
- Working in a professional manner consistent with the company’s commitment to excellence, and R&D’s applicable development methodologies and/or standard operating procedures.
- Standardising all designs as far as possible, using standard components; particular consideration must be given to inventory management. Always use appropriate components to ensure product excellence (exceptional reliability, high levels of functionality, excellent value, ease of manufacture and maintainability, etc.).
- Solving relatively complex problems in core discipline, and basic problems in other engineering disciplines. May rely on assistance from senior personnel to solve complex problems.
- Acting as an advisor and coach to mentor junior members of the team.
- Designing modules/components/products that are reliable, cost effective and that will perform consistently in specified operating environments within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Responsible for modules/components/products of projects requiring good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations.
- Staying abreast of latest developments in the discipline.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- NDip with minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar environment/
- BTech with minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar environment/
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar environment