Position: Project Engineer – HUB Parking Technology (Business Unit of FAAC (UK) limited
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Location: Basingstoke Office
Objectives: To provide project support for field activities for HUB taking the lead for equipment installations on customer sites
• Assist with Pre-Delivery Inspection and configuration of equipment in the Basingstoke warehouse, prior to delivery on site.
• Always offer the highest level of customer service seeking assistance of your manager when necessary.
• Support the Project team at all times.
• Maintain a safe, neat and tidy work place at all times ensuring the protection of staff and company assets. Comply with Health & Safety Policy at all times reporting any concerns to your manager.
• Comply at all times with company policies and procedures.
• Support the Company in its maintenance of quality standards.
• Promote and protect the Company’s image and good reputation at all times.
• Fulfil any other duties and responsibilities, after consultation that may be determined from times to time.
This role is is a mix of office and field based, the objective being to provide technical support when projects are not being installed, the office based task are listed as follows:
• To answer phone and email requests for technical assistance from the service department, field engineers, customers and suppliers of third-party equipment which interface with the HUB systems.
• When required connect remotely to customers’ sites to carry out fault diagnostics and/or system fixes without the need for an engineer to visit site.
• Provide support to the field-based staff on the network element of their installations.
• Provide assistance to the sales and project management functions in the correct selection and configuration of equipment to ensure it meets the project and/or customer specification.
• When technical assistance is required from Group HQ, be the main point of contact to ensure the technical request is clear and supporting information is provided.
• Maintain and electronic library of information on the Company’s network including manuals, site records, etc.
• Assist in the selection, evaluation and testing of products from third party suppliers that are offered with HUB Parking Technology systems.