Title: FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Position Status: Full-Time
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for training, support, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of electromechanical and electronic equipment as follows: parking access and revenue control systems (traffic control gates, card readers, ticket dispensers, fee computers, pay stations, computers, management software, and help with ongoing installations).
The role reports to the Service Supervisor for the Area.
- Onsite service and maintenance for our Parking and Access Control hardware and software.
- Provide technical support for multiple products.
- Software and hardware support for clients and other field service technicians.
- Installation duties include equipment bolt down, installation, wiring termination, establishing communications to software host, configuring and testing of new equipment under direction of a HUB Project Manager.
- Work with various operating systems and have knowledge of networking for daily troubleshooting tasks.
- Manage customer escalations and ability to communicate on a technical level.
- Create friendly working environment and a great customer experience.
- Train customers on day-to-day operations, routine maintenance, and software use and reporting.
- Work with remote helpdesk and support on resolving escalated issues.
- Ability to travel to remote locations in the specified region.
- Work accurately with call tracking system and dispatch personnel to ensure proper response to customer calls.
- Communicate with area Service Supervisor for priority changes and/or conflict management.
- Maintain and care for all company supplied equipment including tools, vehicles, cell phones, GPS units and other devices in a professional and responsible manner.
- Adhere to company policies as outlined in the HUB Employee Handbook and represent the company professionally at all times.
- Perform other service related duties as requested by supervisor or manager.
- Adhere to customer’s policies and procedures while on a customer’s site or logged on remotely.
Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:30am until 5pm. This work schedule is subject to change as our business demands. Service Technicians must be willing to be “on call” to handle customer’s service calls (see “on call policy”). This on call time involves responding to calls for service on-site as well phone support issues. Service Technicians rotate this responsibility during non-business hours, holidays and weekends in exchange for compensation. Often, on-site service calls are required. Technicians are appropriately compensated for on-site service calls requested at non-business hours (evenings, holidays and weekends). Also due to the location of some of our equipment, our service technicians must work on equipment outdoors.
Occasional overnight trips may be required as part of coverage assistance in other areas, installation assistance, etc.
All technicians are expected to take the proper care of their safety and that of their fellow workers.
It is not permitted to experiment or alter job procedures in a way that would violate a safe code of conduct, putting anyone in danger.
- Electronics Technical School training or equivalent.
- Microsoft Operating Systems experience required.
- MS Windows Server and electronics experience required.
- MS Network and MS A+ Certifications preferred.
- Basic understanding of electricity and electronic communications, including relay logic and low voltage systems.
- Basic mechanical ability (use of hand tools, power tools).
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness and attitude to learn from our current staff and be a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate sense of urgency, creativity, responsibility.
- Excellent verbal communication along with organizational skills a must.
- Trouble-shooting capabilities on a technical level.
- Ability to work on proprietary software, as well has hardware communications, programming and repair.
- Physical, Including but not limited to: working in various environments, sitting, speaking, standing, walking, seeing, hearing, typing, stooping/bending, lifting, pulling, reaching, manipulating, carrying, pushing, shoveling.
- Mental, Including but not limited to: requires intense visual and mental attention; the work is either diversified or repetitive; the work asks an individual to multi task and frequently be interrupted