Account Manager, Sales
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join our sales team. In this role, you will maintain existing accounts while developing and executing innovative sales strategies to build and form new partnership with potential customers in the Central Eastern states: Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Illinois,Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages sales to grow margin in alignment with or better than budget
- Develops and recommends product positioning and pricing strategy to ensure the highest possible long-term market share
- Identifies gaps and opportunities in assigned territory for product needs, product positioning, market growth,, new customer and customer consolidation
- Develops methods to implement recovery to budget if and when necessary
- Represent company at Trade shows, association meetings to promote product
- Analyzes sales data to determine gaps to plan, opportunities for sales, strategies for pricing and tactics for immediate actions.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, economics, communications, and/or any equivalent education that demonstrates expertise in customer engagement
- Proven experience as an Account Manager – target driven and results oriented
- Position requires 50-60% travel time (availability to be present at national and regional trade shows, visit customers on a regular basis in order to establish relationship and update on new products/training or support customer where needed)
- Strategic Thinker and Negotiator
- Ability to build consensus and collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Occasional exertion of <50 lbs. of force (e.g., setting up for trade shows) may be required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
- Proficient in technology and dealing with equipment and software