FAAC International is the US subsidiary of the FAAC Group, a multinational company leader in the field of automation, access control and parking systems. For our design and manufacturing location in Irvine, CA we have a new position for an Electronics Engineer in our R&D department. Collaborating with local and remote teams, you will primarily be designing new product families from initial requirements through to production readiness and provide guidance for our technical support and manufacturing teams.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design, plan, document and develop new products from initial requirements through prototypes to production ready.
- Maintain existing designs and develop new variants of existing products to add new features, deal with component end-of-life, etc.
- Work collaboratively and diligently with your fellow team members, Engineering Management, Technical Support and Manufacturing to produce reliable, standards compliant, world-class products.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of prior relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability in digital electronics design, prototyping and debugging.
- Familiarity with firmware development for embedded microcontrollers
- Prior usage of Eagle PCB CAD Designer or equivalent for schematic capture.
- Process oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong low-level software skills and ability to do initial board bring up.
- Previous experience with Atmel (Microchip) AVR family of microcontroller a plus (Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in the full hardware product lifecycle including DFM, EMC testing, DVP&R and regulatory approvals, and handover to overseas Production (Preferred)
- Experience with DC motor controls design (Preferred)
- Experience with designs including wireless communications - Bluetooth, 802.11 (Preferred)