In this role, you will manage the accounts as assigned to both maintain and grow the overall revenue and profitability. Develop combinations of increases of sales with new accounts, sales with existing accounts, sales of new products, and sales of existing products.
Other Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops and manages sales to meet the budget for your territory—Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Alaska, and Hawaii
- Manages sales to grow margin in alignment with or better than budget
- Develops and recommends product positioning, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key strategic partners.
- Identifies gap/opportunities in assigned territory for product needs, product positioning, market growth, new customers, customer consolidation,
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image through all customers, team members, promotional events, and communications
- Develop methods to be able to implement recovery to budget if / when necessary
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Analyze sales data to determine gaps to plan, opportunities for sales, strategies for pricing, and tactics for immediate actions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, business, economics, communications, and/or any equivalent education that demonstrates expertise in customer engagement
- Proven experience as an Account Manager – target driven and results-oriented
- Position requires 50-60% travel time (availability to be present at national and regional trade shows, visit customers on a regular basis in order to establish relationships and update on new products/training or support customers where needed)
- Strategic Thinker and Negotiator
- Ability to build consensus and collaboration
- Occasional exertion of <50 lbs. of force (e.g., setting up for trade shows) required
- Proficient in technology and dealing with equipment and software