FAAC International is a wholly owned subsidiary of the FAAC Group which is a large international industrial group headquartered in Bologna, Italy. FAAC Group is a global leader in the industry with more than 2,400 people employed in 6 continents. Our goal is to improve the quality of life and safety of our customers by automating and simplifying daily actions through innovative and functional devices for vehicular and pedestrian access applications within residential, commercial and industrial markets.
We are looking for a tenured Assistant Controller to join our Accounting team at our local Florida site.
Responsibilities & Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to prepare and submit regular corporate reports, within a rigid schedule, to support the subsidiary management in key decisions through variance analysis, cost reductions, profitability enhancement, Capex return, planning & forecasting.
- Support the management of sales and margin closure of the local subsidiary and related analysis by customer, product line, purchase price variances, labor and overhead over-under absorption.
- Support the monthly/quarterly/yearly close, making sure inventory and cost of sales are reconciled, accruals and reserves are properly calculated, reporting is current accurate and complete, variances are well explained and deadlines are met.
- Full banking responsibility including, payments (3rd party and intercompany), receipts, reconciliations
- Maintain accurate and timely account reconciliations.
- Support monthly/quarterly forecasts, annual operating plans and long-term plans.
- Support Financial Controller in promoting and ensuring compliance with Corporate policies & guidelines, applicable accounting principles and legislation requirements.
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit and quarterly internal control processes.
- At least 5-7 years in the role spent within modern organized companies, with a proven track record of successful experiences conducted in international setting with significant related party activity
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
- Good knowledge of ERP systems (Sage or SAP; Oracle/HFM reporting)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
Ability to manage strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attentions to details
- Ability to coach and mentor junior team members
- Willingness to fill in for Controller as needed and perform other accounting related tasks when necessary
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Works well as part of a team in a high-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work with remote and geographically dispersed team members