FAAC International, the US subsidiary of the FAAC Group, is a leader in the automation of access control and parking systems. Supporting our customers in the proper installation and operation of our product is at the core of our business. The main connection to our customers for this support is our Technical Support staff. The primary responsibility for this available position will be to perform in-house diagnostic and repair services on Viking branded operators, components, and accessories and provide technical feedback to QA and R&D teams regarding the problems encountered in front-line support. These duties will provide invaluable experience and knowledge of our vast line of products that will be required to communicate and troubleshoot with field technicians, end-users, and distribution partners.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform diagnostic tests and repairs on electric, electronic, and mechanical systems used within the Viking product lines.
- Test and validate product performance.
- Initiate, monitor, and complete the RMA process for returns and repairs.
- Provide product support via phone and e-mail.
- Support customer installation and configuration of operators and accessories.
- Answer technical questions and service requests for the sales team.
- Detail-oriented (Required)
- Mechanical aptitude (Required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Required)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (Required)
- Ability to successfully work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with mechanic’s hand and power tools.
- Proficiency or desire to learn electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Familiarity or desire to learn electronic repair procedures and techniques, including operation of multi-meters/DVOM, power supplies, and soldering/de-soldering tools.
- Proficiency using MS-Windows, including Office products.
- Ability to interpret and condense information from documentation sources and successfully use that information to provide support, without a pre-written script.
- Ability (or desire to learn) to read and understand technical documentation including product manuals, data sheets, technical drawings, wiring diagrams, and electrical schematics.