Project Managers manage the project from technical clearance through to completion. From ordering the material, planning the engineers and coordinating programs with the customer. Co-ordinate with the attending engineer, on completion deal with any post installation snagging.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Requesting drawings to be completed by commercial design.
- • Agree the specification with the customer
- • Manage customer expectations through clear communication on project progress, including any programme
- • Arrange surveys with the Regional Surveyor where necessary
- • Verify customer requirements (including size, finish and accurate installation date)
- • Sending RAMS
- • Planning / confirming installation dates with the customer
- • Booking resource Updating engineers on their work
- • Sending instruction e-mails to engineers (including survey, drawings and any other relevant information)
- • Updating the customer – Job complete / incomplete
- • Job incomplete - Sending variation order, requesting new materials, re-booking the engineer.
- • Sending completion pack to the customer including O&M’s and commissioning cert
- • Request invoice to be raised
- • Updating the systems & trackers regularly through the life cycle of a project
- • Producing quality control document & excel spreadsheet for procurement.
- • Control of costs (KPI)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of the construction industry – Desirable not essential
- Project Manager experience
- Ability to multi-task – Managing several projects at one time
- IT literate
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Special Competencies required:
E.g. computer skills, foreign languages, licenses, certificates or designations, etc. Include required and preferred and note accordingly
- EN16005 cert is required – Training and test will be organized by DSS after 6 months employment.