HUB Parking Technology is looking for a Database Engineer with a passion for delighting customers, and a hunger for learning. We are a leading supplier of hardware and software operating some of the largest parking installations in the world. This is a great opportunity to work on a friendly team of dedicated professionals in a culture that values teamwork, continuous learning, and service.
If you are skilled in designing & optimizing SQL databases, have experience with enterprise reporting software, have great debugging skills, and are looking for a new challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
- Engage as a member of a cross-functional agile team, participating in planning, status reporting, standups, retrospectives, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Design and optimize databases through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Create and enhance reporting and business intelligence solutions.
- Reduce areas of technical debt within the database and reporting solutions.
- Resolve field defects, implement maintenance strategies, and improve query performance to mitigate issues for our customers.
- Use tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Git to enhance visibility, collaboration, and organization of your work.
- On-call availability approximately one day a month to support customer upgrades or the Remote Support team.
- Bachelor’s degree in C. S., Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with SQL Server or PostgreSQL administration and database design
- Experience with Reporting packages such as SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or JasperReports
- Demonstrated passion for learning and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing large SQL databases, with the ability to diagnose and resolve performance and stability issues.
- Experience evolving and improving data models, with strong change management principles.
- Experience with any of the following is preferred:
- Visual Studio Database Tools
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming with C# or Java is a plus.
HUB Parking has a competitive benefits package which includes health benefits, life insurance, 401K matching and tuition reimbursement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday