FAAC International is the US subsidiary of the FAAC Group, a multinational company leader in the field of automation, access control and parking systems. For our design and manufacturing location in Irvine, CA (d.b.a. Viking Access Systems), we have a position for a leader of our R&D department. Collaborating with local and remote teams, you will primarily be defining and designing new products, adapting existing products and enhancing our product offering from cradle to grave.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement the product lifecycle plan to increase revenue and margins for the business.
- Identify and manage the resources internally and externally to meet those needs
- Lead the Product Development Process to design, plan, document and develop new products from initial requirements through flawless launch of the products
- Adapt existing and develop new variants of products to add new features, deal with component end-of-life, etc.
- Work collaboratively with your team members, Sales, Purchasing, Technical Support and Manufacturing to realize and maintain world-class products.
- Lead direct reports – developing the team through continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering from a recognized university with 10 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated >5 years management skills leading product development
- Strong background developing successful products
- Keen awareness of process management – and collaboration with others
- Experience with DC motor controls design (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability in digital electronics design, prototyping and debugging.
- Familiarity with firmware development for embedded microcontrollers
- Strong low-level software skills and ability to do initial board bring up. Previous experience with Atmel (Microchip) AVR family of microcontroller a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the full hardware product lifecycle including DFM, EMC testing, DVP&R and regulatory approvals, and handover to overseas Production (preferred).
- Experience with designs including wireless communications (Bluetooth, 802.11) (preferred)
- Previous use of Eagle PCB CAD Designer or equivalent for schematic capture.