Objectives: To provide PDI activities and then (subject to performance and training) expand the role to include support for field activities for HUB by providing technical support and coordinating technical support from Group HQ.
• Carry out Pre-Delivery Inspection and configuration of equipment in the Basingstoke warehouse, prior to delivery on site.
• Support the Company in the set up and delivery of exhibition demonstration systems.
• Process the faulty items returned from the field engineers; testing, repairing and/or sending to the appropriate repair centre as appropriate.
• Always offer the highest level of customer service seeking assistance of your manager when necessary.
• Support the Project team at all times.
• Maintain a safe, neat and tidy work place at all times ensuring the protection of staff and company assets. Comply with Health & Safety Policy at all times reporting any concerns to your manager.
• Comply at all times with company policies and procedures.
• Support the Company in its maintenance of quality standards.
• Promote and protect the Company’s image and good reputation at all times.
• Fulfil any other duties and responsibilities, after consultation that may be determined from times to time.
Subject to performance and training the objective is to develop this Technical Support Technician to take on additional tasks at an appropriate timescale to become a Technical Support Engineer. These duties would include the following additional roles and responsibilities:
• To answer phone and email requests for technical assistance from the service department, field engineers, customers and suppliers of third-party equipment which interface with the HUB systems.
• When required connect remotely to customers’ sites to carry out fault diagnostics and/or system fixes without the need for an engineer to visit site.
• Provide support to the field-based staff on the network element of their installations.
• Attend site to assist with installation, commissioning and troubleshooting when required.
• Provide assistance to the sales and project management functions in the correct selection and configuration of equipment to ensure it meets the project and/or customer specification.
• When technical assistance is required from Group HQ, be the main point of contact to ensure the technical request is clear and supporting information is provided.
• Maintain and electronic library of information on the Company’s network including manuals, site records, etc.
• Assist in the selection, evaluation and testing of products from third party suppliers that are offered with HUB Parking systems.