Field Service Technician – Montreal, QC Area
The FAAC Group is a world leader in access automation, parking and access control, including 32 sales companies, more than 2.500 employees worldwide and 18 manufacturing plants.
HUB Parking Technology is the FAAC Group Business Unit that develops, manufactures, installs, and provides after-sales services for HUB Parking Access and Revenue Control Systems. We aim to meet every market expectation by offering a wide range of solutions from one of our three Parking Systems Brands.
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to join our Team in the Montreal area.
What we offer:
The role gives you the opportunity to work in a fast –growing international company. You will be part of a dynamic and flexible team. We offer a full benefits package with state of the art facilities, delivery centers and worldwide partners.
- Onsite service and maintenance for our Parking and Access Control hardware and software.
- Provide technical support for multiple products.
- Need to have knowledge of electronics, mechanical devices and PC computer skills.
- Software and hardware support for clients and other field service technicians.
- Installation duties include equipment bolt down, installation, wiring termination, establishing communications to software host, configuring, and testing of new equipment under the direction of a HUB Project Manager.
- Work with various operating systems and have knowledge of networking for daily troubleshooting tasks.
- Manage customer escalations and ability to communicate on a technical level.
- Electronics Technical School training or equivalent.
- Microsoft Operating Systems experience required.
- A clean driving record.
- MS Windows Server and electronics experience preferred.
- MS Network and MS A+ Certifications preferred.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- Available to work scheduled weekend shifts.
- Available to work On-call shifts to include evenings, weekends, late nights, early morning hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with organizational skills a must.
- Trouble-shooting capabilities on a technical level.
- Team Player.
- Ability to work on proprietary software, as well has hardware communications, programming and repair.
- Comfortable using hand and power tools.