Would you like to grow your career within the Marketing Department? Your excellent numerical and analytical skills could secure this position based in our Port Elizabeth branch with an option to enter into a SMART working arrangement.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing & Business Development, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for setting the pricing and different trade discounts of all products and services, as well as for all customer groups both in the local and export markets.
The main duties of this position include:
- Maximizing the selling margin of each product at different levels ensuring we still remain competitive in the market
- Reviewing existing calculators to handle all pricing and develop new calculators to improve the pricing process
- Ensuring pricing of products and kits made up from different product configurations is 100% accurate
- Developing the system so that pricing of non-critical items can be determined and captured automatically
- Liaising with the sales team to ensure that sales kits are relevant and being utilized
- Sales forecasting:
- Understanding and reviewing existing calculators to handle all sales forecasting within the company
- Developing new calculators which interface with production and financial data to improve the forecasting process
- Liaising with the finance department’s analysis section to develop detailed reports that track actual sales against the forecast
- New business potential:
- Assisting with the development of calculators to effectively assess the viability of potential product/business opportunities
- Market research:
- Assist with researching markets, competitors, distribution channels and new product
Minimum skills and knowledge requirements:
- A business school or university qualification (Mathematics/Industrial Engineering/Finance)
- User experience of relevant software/databases/systems (SAP knowledge essential)
- Must be proficient on Microsoft Excel and Access at Advanced User Level (Advanced Excel essential)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience doing pricing on SAP in a manufacturing/corporate environment (non-negotiable)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience making use of both the mathematics and marketing skills
- Previous experience in Costing (beneficial)
Please note our selection efforts will primarily focus on the candidate’s ability to evaluate financial data and demonstrate their analytical skills through the application of a practical assessment.