Position: Telephone Support Engineer
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
Full Job Description:
FAAC Technologies is one of the leading international players in the access automation, parking and access control business in both the residential and industrial sectors. With head offices in Bologna Italy, the group has 54 legal entities in 29 countries, over 3,600 employees and a turnover in excess of €600m.
FAAC UK has been established in Basingstoke for over 37 years and has a strong track record of growth and profitability. We now have an opening for a Telephone Support Engineer to join our best in class technical support team on a full time, permanent basis.
Objectives of the role:
The successful candidate will be providing first line telephone support to customers calling for technical support on the full range of FAAC products. Support requests range from identification of part numbers for spare parts, advice on product selection, guidance on installation, programming and fault finding. The role will be office based in Basingstoke and would suit someone with previous experience of providing telephone support within a technical or electro/mechanical environment.
- To answer technical help-line telephone and priority line satisfying customer requests for technical advice.
- Prioritise support to account holders over non-account holders and end users.
- Ensure all email enquiries and call backs are dealt with efficiently.
- Perform product conversions when required (this involves the modification or assembly of standard products to meet the requirements of a customers order).
- Evaluate items returned by customer for repair or replacement under warranty.
- Offer the highest level of customer service at all times seeking the assistance of your manager when necessary.
- Undertake personal development and training to gained and maintain a high degree of product knowledge.
The ideal Technical Support Engineer will:
- Be professional with an excellent communication style and be confident liaising with customers both over phone and by e-mail
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of providing technical support over the phone is desirable
- IT proficient with working knowledge of MS office products
- Be able to take initiative and actively seek solutions to problems
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Additional days holiday on your birthday
- Free on-site parking
- Ongoing learning and development
- Medicash scheme
- Casual dress
- Spacious offices
- Company events
- Company pension
- Annual bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful market leading company, please visit our web site at: www.faac.co.uk for more information about the Company and our products.