FAAC International is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the FAAC Group, a large international industrial group headquartered in Bologna, Italy. The FAAC Group is a global leader in 29 countries with 50+ legal entities and almost 3500 employees. Our goal is to improve our customers' quality of life and safety by automating and simplifying daily actions through innovative and functional devices for vehicular and pedestrian access applications within residential, commercial, and industrial markets.
In this role, you will be responsible for directing the day-to-day accounting functions, maintaining the accuracy of financial records, the timely recording of all financial transactions, including payroll, disbursements, contract reporting/billing, inventory, the necessary accruals, and adjusting journal entries and the accurate and timely reporting of financial results as a business unit in a distributed corporate environment.
Responsibilities & Duties include but are not limited to:
- You will ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of the monthly financial statements following generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP/IFRS GAAP), prepare journal entries, calculate reserves, and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- With the support of external tax accountants, ensure tax obligations are met
- Perform monthly closure ensuring corporate deadlines are met, reporting is complete and accurate, and variances are explained
- Perform monthly cash flow forecasts, quarterly P&L forecasts, annual operating plans, and long-term plans
- Support General Manager in business analysis and critical business decisions: variance analysis cost reductions, profitability enhancement, Capex returns, planning & forecasting
- Credit collections management, including credit limit determination, AR overdue tracking, settlements with external customers, cooperation with law firms engaged in the collection
- Review existing financial processes and procedures and develop recommendations for improvements
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Policies & guidelines, applicable accounting principles, and legislation requirements
- Participates in senior management team meetings to review financial performance against objectives and targets; reveals obstacles to growth and develops strategies to overcome these obstacles
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting of financial statements and analyses and interpretation of the past, present, and indicated future results of the business unit, relating to sales, costs, profits, and rate of return and provides reports with observation
- Oversees the preparation of the annual operating budgets, three-year strategic plan, quarterly financial performance reviews
- Ensures that the division has adequate internal control systems to protect company assets effectively and that the operations are conducted efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Master’s degree preferred)
- Active CPA preferred
- Prior manufacturing, finance experience, including industrial cost controlling, requires costing (material cost, labor cost, and overhead cost control; used with standard cost and variance analysis)
- Minimum of 10 years of financial accounting experience with at least one year of experience managing direct reports
- Strong organizational and communications skills with demonstrated ability to convey ideas to a diverse audience (Finance and Operational Partners)
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in financial accounting and reporting, business and systems operations, internal controls, and working knowledge of tax regulatory compliance requirements
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and IFRS accounting standards
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems (Sage50 or SAP; Oracle/HFM reporting)
- Excellent research and analytical and financial analysis skills are essential elements to this position
- Ability to analyze information, practices, or procedures to identify patterns (and inconsistencies), trends, and relationships, develop logical and objective conclusions, formulate alternatives and understand and document implications
- Advanced MS Excel modeling, analysis, and reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately, meet deadlines, execute with accuracy and recognize when issues need escalation
- Ability to think critically, plan strategically, and prioritize actions related to the Company's goals
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with diverse individuals
- Flexibility in working hours during peak reporting periods required
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.